Canadian MedicAlert Foundation is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (elevator, door openers and ramps) Canadian MedicAlert Foundation will notify customer promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative services if available.
The notice will be posted on our website.
Training for staff
Canadian MedicAlert Foundation will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained: Entire staff
This training will be provided to staff in the first week of hire and early January 2012 for existing staff.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Canadian MedicAlert Foundation's plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact with people and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use Bell Relay Call
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Canadian MedicAlert Foundation's goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Canadian MedicAlert Foundation provides goods and services to people with disabilities can email at email@example.com or verbally contact us at 1.800.668.1507.
All feedback will be directed to the HR Coordinator.
Customers can expect to hear back in 1 business day.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization's regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Canadian MedicAlert Foundation that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.