Thank you for choosing the Canadian MedicAlert Foundation.
At MedicAlert, we consider your satisfaction and trust a critical measure of our success. We work hard to understand your needs so we can continue to meet them. In order to improve and enhance your experience with us we continuously review how we do business. We know your life depends on it.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- I have placed an order, when will I receive my product?
We provide customized engraving that is very specific for each member.
Stainless steel products usually ship within two to three weeks.
Precious metal products (silver and gold) usually ship within three to four weeks.
Delivery: Please allow five to seven business days for Canada Post to deliver your product. Special courier arrangements can be made (additional fee applies) by contacting us at 1.800.668.1507.
If you order one of each you will likely receive the stainless first followed by the precious metal as they are shipped separately. Please wait ten business days after you receive your stainless steel product. If you have not received your precious metal product by then, please contact us.
- How do I update my record when my information changes?
Advantage members are entitled to unlimited demographic and medical updates and should log into My MedicAlert to make those changes. Every time a change is made to your file you will receive a new membership card to carry in your wallet. If you require assistance please contact us.
Please note: if your information changes significantly, we recommend you reorder a new product. If you are unsure please call us at 1.800.668.1507.
Lifetime members are entitled to free unlimited demographic updates and are charged a fee of $15 plus tax to update their medical and should log into My MedicAlert to make those changes. Every time a change is made to your file you will receive a new membership card to carry in your wallet. If you require assistance please contact us.
Please note: if your information changes significantly, we recommend you re-order a new product. Should you reorder the $15 charge will be waived. If you are unsure please call us at 1.800.668.1507.
- How do I become a member?
There are 3 easy ways to become a MedicAlert member:
- Online – Join us online
- Phone – Call us at 1.800.668.1507
- Mail – Print and complete this MedicAlert application and mail it to the address below:
To register and become a MedicAlert® Safely Home® member:
- Phone – Call us at 1.855.581.3794
Mail – Print and complete this MedicAlert Safely Home application and mail it to the address below:
2005 Sheppard Ave East, Suite 800
Before Making Your Choice:
- Choose a MedicAlert identification product and a membership.
- Make sure you have your personal information available, including your address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, family emergency contacts, and your physician’s name and contact information.
- Ensure you have your complete medical history, including list of medical conditions, devices/implants, medications and allergies and special needs available. If you have any questions about this please call 1.800.668.1507 and our medically trained staff will assist you.
- Have your credit card information ready.
- I have a question about No Child Without?
If you have a question regarding our No Child Without® program please visit www.nochildwithout.ca.
Please be sure to check our Frequently Asked Questions for additional answers.
Contact us in one of 3 ways
Chat online with a representative
Send us a message
Select the appropriate department from the drop down menu below.
You will receive a response within one business day. For immediate assistance, please call us at 1.800.668.1507.
Toll Free: 1.800.668.1507Hours:
Mon. – Fri., 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST
The Contact Centre is currently open
Request a call back
Share your Comments with Us
Director, Customer Service Team
Hello, I'm Catherine Horlock the Director of the Customer Service Team. At MedicAlert we are always interested in hearing from you. If you would like to:
- Share your recent experience with MedicAlert
- Share how MedicAlert saved your life or the life of a loved one
- Share your ideas to improve our website, products or services
- Or find out how to become a volunteer
Please contact me online or phone me at 416-490-3509 or 1-866-815-4267
President and CEO
Read Robert's Blog
Robert Ridge is President and CEO of Canadian MedicAlert Foundation.
- Want to know where Robert stands on current healthcare issues?
- Want to know more about MedicAlert, our mission?