About the job
With over 60 years of experience, MedicAlert Foundation Canada is the leading provider of high quality health information to first responders at a time of a health emergency. We are a human-centered organization that values and welcomes innovative thinking, coupled with diversity of opinion, perspective and lived experience that will enable you to fulfill your desire to grow your career and your social impact.
Do you want to be part of a growing organization that is currently undergoing complete digital transformation, where the opportunities to make an impact are huge?
If you are ready to be part of such a team and help people living in Canada have access to medical information, then this is the place for you!
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Content Writer / Analyst will have a unique opportunity to play a leading role in bringing the MedicAlert brand to life across all consumer journey touchpoints.
The Content Writer / Analyst assists in the planning and execution of content and production strategies, which align with MedicAlert’s strategic pillars and help to grow the brand’s overall footprint. This role also assists in monitoring channel performance to extract key insights and learnings to continuously optimize our consumer engagement and content development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Assist in the strategic planning to build and activate on the editorial content calendar
- Assist in the efforts of content planning and production
- Support and contribute to multi-channel activation plans for program and product launches to achieve established targets nationally
- Provide strategic input as a subject matter expert on content to deliver on key objectives
- Regularly evaluate content performance and effectiveness and implement new approaches and strategies to improve engagement and impact
- Assist in development of data management strategy
- Responsible for the daily maintenance of the marketing dashboard providing suggestions for metrics and participating in the development of weekly briefings for the Executive Team
- Champion the MedicAlert editorial calendar to keep it updated and provide visibility on production planning
- Play a key role in the development and coordination of content assets
- Work closely with the Marketing Specialist to support the development of social media
- Analyze content performance to highlight strategic insights to optimize performance and inform future work
- Identify opportunities for test-and-learn and optimize production processes
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 5 years of B2C experience
- Extensive experience with Content Management and Marketing Automation Systems (HubSpot preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Hubspot Analytics, AdWords Performance Grader, Optimizley, BuzzSumo, and others
- Experience with product and service marketing. Subscription-service experience an asset
- Successful track record of developing creative methods of growing brands through storytelling
- Both a strategic thinker and a tactical executor, with a roll-up-your-sleeves bias for action and an ability to drive on-brand execution
- Thorough understanding of brand positioning elements, development process, and guideline criteria
- In-depth understanding of top social media platforms and distribution channels to show up authentically and deliver tangible results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to collaborate across a matrixed organization with multiple internal and external stakeholders to accomplish goals
- Highly detailed and organized with project management experience
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Bilingual (English/ French) considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the healthcare and public safety sectors considered an asset
If you have the skills and qualifications, and share our passion for our mission, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We respectfully thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MedicAlert is an accessible and inclusive employer that provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know.
Thank you for your interest in MedicAlert Foundation Canada.