About the job
With over 60 years of experience, MedicAlert Foundation Canada is the leading provider of high-quality health information to first responders at a time of a health emergency. We are a human-centered organization that values and welcomes innovative thinking, diversity of opinion, perspective, and lived experience that will enable you to fulfill your desire to grow your career and your social impact.
Do you want to be part of a growing organization where the opportunities to make an impact are huge?
If you are ready to be part of such a team and help people living in Canada have access to medical information, then this is the place for you!
Working with and reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Partnerships is an integral contributor to revenue generation for MedicAlert.
The role is responsible for cultivating, closing, and nurturing partnerships and sponsorships that align with MedicAlert’s Strategic and Operating Plans across a spectrum of potential partners including corporations, government agencies, aligned charitable organizations, and community organizations/agencies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Work with the Executive Team to set partnership revenue targets aligned with the Strategic and Annual Operating Plans.
- Build a partnerships pipeline that supports revenue generation for MedicAlert’s Programs including Safe & Found (dementia), No Child Without (children), IDEA (financial subsidy), and Connect Protect (first response and search and rescue).
- Using a relationship-selling framework, effectively cultivate, close, and nurture long-term partnerships with corporations, government agencies, aligned charitable organizations, and community organizations that deliver reciprocal value for both MedicAlert and the partner.
- Work with MedicAlert Legal to develop partnership contracts.
- Responsible for managing MedicAlert’s contractual deliverables and ensure maximum benefit to both parties.
- Identify corporate sponsorship opportunities across all organizational assets.
- Build and manage a portfolio of corporate sponsors actively soliciting and securing sponsorships from $1,500 to $75,000 to reach sponsorship goals.
- Oversee sponsor benefit fulfilment, collecting materials from partners as needed in a timely manner to properly and fully execute benefits. Work with MedicAlert’s Finance Team to support invoicing and collection of sponsorship funds.
- Identify and capitalize on growth and broadening opportunities for existing partners in corporate portfolio, cross-pollinating donors from programs and other areas of the organization.
- Develop and manage the annual Partnerships budget.
- Network with appropriate organizations to build organizational presence in the corporate community.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- 7+ years developing long term, revenue generating strategic relationships
- Strong business acumen and negotiating skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate, persuade, plan and strategize in order to reach agreement
- Excellent communication and presentation abilities, with demonstrated experience in engaging with external leadership and senior executives.
- Demonstrated existing network/relationships in one or more of the following areas: Private Retirement/Memory Care Communities; Pharmaceuticals; MedTech/HealthTech; Government/Crown Corporations; Children’s Retail; Insurance; Media
- Proven track record in partnership development within the health and/or not-for-profit environment is desirable
- Strong relationship management skills including organic growth of existing partnerships
- Ability to manage diverse and complex issues independently
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral), including clear executive presence
- Strong strategic and operational leadership skills
- Account Management mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Detail-oriented, with exceptional project management skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Values-driven, goal-oriented and objectives-focused individual
If you have the skills and qualifications, and share our passion for our mission, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We respectfully thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MedicAlert is an accessible and inclusive employer that provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know.
Thank you for your interest in MedicAlert Foundation Canada.