Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications
About the job
With over 60 years of experience, MedicAlert Foundation Canada is the leading provider of high quality health information to first responders at a time of a health emergency. We are a human-centered organization that values and welcomes innovative thinking, coupled with diversity of opinion, perspective and lived experience that will enable you to fulfill your desire to grow your career and your social impact.
Do you want to be part of a growing organization that is currently undergoing complete digital transformation, where the opportunities to make an impact are huge?
If you are ready to be part of such a team and help people living in Canada have access to medical information, then this is the place for you!
Reporting to the Executive Marketing Lead, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications plays a key role in the success of MedicAlert’s marketing efforts and revenue growth strategies.
This role will achieve success through the development and implementation of subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention programs, mission program marketing, product sales and promotion, and communications strategy.
The Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications is responsible for driving the success of services and brand promise in the marketplace that support MedicAlert’s ability to deliver its social mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities will include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Establish effective working relationships with executive leadership to ensure the successful growth of MedicAlert’s products, services and programs implemented through marketing demand generation programs, partnership opportunities and retention strategies
- Execute online and offline marketing initiatives, integrating online and new media, email, print, direct mail, social media, company websites, SEM/SEO strategy development, brand awareness and drip marketing initiatives. The ability to speak to how these channels work together is very important.
- Collaborate to create, launch and track performance of product, program and service offerings in our markets
- Develop and deliver appropriate partnership enablement tools
- Develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate effective management of the marketing, advertising and promotional activities of the organization.
- Create and oversee effective, compelling positioning, messaging, and sales tools that are understood and used
- Develop sales-ready tools and scripts to support the work of MedicAlert’s Contact Centre
- Execute and oversee marketing campaigns and analyze performance that leverage behavioral interest profiling to drive new client acquisition and sales revenue
- Drive campaign management for subscriber acquisition programs across multiple channels
- Create and oversee content for corporate marketing collateral, website/blog/social media, and other initiatives
- Manage creative production of online and offline marketing assets, graphic design, video production and web development, from the initial concept to finished product and execution Market Research and Competitive Intelligence
- Understand the products and services offering and approach of key competitors; communicate products and services differentiation to sales and provides input to senior leadership
- Provide assistance on press releases, contributed articles, presentations, events, and conferences
- Conduct marketing surveys on current and new service concepts
- Internal reporting and broader work/accountabilities may be assigned as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Energetic and intuitive marketing strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results
- Experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and product development
- Adept in online and traditional marketing, and highly skilled in visual communications
- Data-driven decision maker with the demonstrated ability to develop, synthesize and analyze data to drive performance and the willingness to pivot strategy as required
- Equal parts planner and doer
- Solid business acumen
- Desire to progress and grow in your career regularly demonstrating out-of-the-box thinking
- 5-7 years of marketing experience of which 3+ years of experience in a non-profit or fundraising environment is desired with marketing leadership experience in a social enterprise or B-Corp an asset
- Solid understanding of channel and content marketing strategy development and integrated execution
- Integrated marketing and sales experience an asset
- Creative thinker, exceptional writer, excellent listener and communicator with the ability to quickly synthesize information
- Kind, empathetic, collaborative team leader with the ability to motivate both those who report to you as well as those you influence through your role. Intuitive, proactive, leader, driver, creative problem solver, analytical, and versatile are words that describe you
- Knowledge of the healthcare and public safety sectors preferred
- Ability to craft integrated marketing strategies across all channels and touch points, including website, print communications, online communications, social media and direct mail
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time – to deliver results on time and under budget
- Experienced with HubSpot or similar CRM, Microsoft 356, Google Analytics, Retargeting Platforms project management software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
If you have the skills and qualifications, and share our passion for our mission, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We respectfully thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
MedicAlert is an accessible and inclusive employer that provides accommodation for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation during the recruitment process because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know.
Thank you for your interest in MedicAlert Foundation Canada.