Community Events / Fundraising Volunteer
Volunteers will play a vital role in enhancing the success of MedicAlert events by engaging in a variety of meaningful tasks. Their primary responsibilities will revolve around promoting the mission and services of MedicAlert, building connections with various organizations, and securing donations through the innovative Tiptap machine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as knowledgeable resources, addressing the queries and concerns of event attendees about MedicAlert's services, benefits, and importance. They will provide accurate and relevant information to help people better understand the organization's mission and impact.
- Engage in proactive networking, establishing connections with different organizations and individuals who share an interest in healthcare, safety, and well-being. This will involve initiating conversations, exchanging contact information, and identifying potential partnerships or collaborations.
- Actively promote the Tiptap machine, to facilitate secure and convenient donations. They will explain its functionality, benefits, and impact, encouraging event attendees to contribute to MedicAlert's cause.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute insights, ideas, and suggestions to improve our processes and initiatives.
- Collaborate with fellow volunteers and team members to achieve shared objectives.
- Create visual content, such as graphics, infographics, and videos, to engage the audience.
- Help organize onsite and online fundraising events.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as required.
- Volunteers must sign relative to waiver and confidentiality agreement.
- Volunteers must provide criminal background check results satisfactory to MedicAlert.
- Volunteers must provide 2 reference checks.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Communication Skills: Volunteers should possess excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills to effectively engage with event attendees, answer questions, and represent MedicAlert's mission professionally.
- Knowledge of MedicAlert: A basic understanding of MedicAlert's services, benefits, and mission is essential to provide accurate information to event attendees and promote the organization effectively.
- Passion for Healthcare and Safety: Volunteers should share a genuine interest in healthcare, safety, and well-being, reflecting MedicAlert's mission to promote individuals' health and security.
- Technology Moderate Skills: Basic technological proficiency is needed to effectively promote the Tiptap machine, explain its functionality, and assist attendees with making secure donations.
- Reliability: Volunteers should demonstrate reliability by committing to the agreed-upon time slots and responsibilities
Training and Supervision
- The orientation for volunteers will be led virtually or conducted by phone, under the guidance of the Manager of First Responder Partnerships and Community Engagement. If the training takes place in the office, volunteers will also be provided with a comprehensive tour of the office facilities and given an overview of emergency procedures. Additionally, volunteers will receive detailed instructions about the Tiptap device. This session will encompass educating volunteers about MedicAlert’s mission, history, values, and services.
- The Manager will schedule meetings with the volunteer(s) to gather insights into their experiences at the events, address any questions they may have, offer constructive feedback, and subsequently compile a report to share with the Management team.
- The time commitment for volunteers is designed to be flexible, respecting their schedules and availability. Volunteers are not required to commit to a specific duration of time, but rather, their involvement will be based on the event's needs in their respective areas.
- Volunteering with MedicAlert offers a variety of rewards. Volunteers will experience a sense of fulfillment, knowing that their contribution directly supported vulnerable Canadians.
- Through their active participation in events and interactions with the public, volunteers can play a key role in spreading awareness about the service offered by MedicAlert. Their involvement directly contributes to educating people about important health and safety measures, ensuring that First Responders have access to vital subscriber health records.
- Volunteers can enhance various skills such as communication, networking, public speaking, and teamwork. Which will benefit their personal and professional growth.
- Volunteers' contributions will be acknowledged via social media and a certificate of recognition.