Healthcare systems can be complicated. MedicAlert’s HealthNavigator helps fill in the gaps by supporting you through your journey. Whether you are a patient, the caregiver for an elderly parent, spouse, child or other family member, MedicAlert is there to assist you during your journey.
What is health system navigation?
Health navigators help people get from place to place in a healthcare system that can often be difficult to understand. And in Canada, no two health systems are exactly alike!
And while our health navigators’ role is not to physically help people to get from point A to point B, their job is to help individuals navigate the twists and turns involved in managing a diagnosis – something many people learn isn’t as straightforward as it should be.
Access to care, resources information and more can often be convoluted or lead to dead ends. When patients have trouble moving through the healthcare system, they sometimes give up, go without, or can even inadvertently be led astray. Any one of these scenarios can ultimately hinder a person’s ability to receive treatment or the care they need.
What do I get with a HealthNavigator subscription?
When you purchase a HealthNavigator one-year subscription for only $49.99, you’ll get unlimited access to Health Information Specialists by phone from 8:00am-8:00pm ET, Monday to Friday to assist you with health inquiries.
HealthNavigator includes the following and so much more!
Our licenced healthcare professionals are just a phone call away.
Health Information Specialists also provide personalized health information in the form of Health Information Packages, sent to MedicAlert members via email. These resources may include additional information such as:
- directions to clinics and specialists relevant to your geographic area and health needs
- information on medical conditions, medications and other treatments
- information on provincial government health resources
- information on community support organizations
Coupled with HealthHub, which is FREE to all MedicAlert subscribers, HealthNavigator ensures you have Canada’s most powerful health navigation service available.
What are you waiting for?
* DISCLAIMER: Information provided as part of the HealthNavigator service is for informational and educational purposes only and is not designed or intended to constitute medical advice, or to be used for diagnosis. Due to unique individual needs and medical history, please consult your own primary care provider or specialist, who will be able to determine the appropriateness of information for your specific situation and can assist you in making decisions regarding treatment and medication.